Friday, 20 February 2009

Update

Well, its such a long time since I last posted to my blog and my life seems to have changed so much since then.

At the time of posting my last blog I was having a few aches and pains. Didn't think it was anything other than just getting older, WRONG!!!. Seems I have Rheumatoid arthritis. Ah well, I suppose you'd be an extremely lucky person if you reached my age and didn't have anything at all wrong with you. At least I have something which can be dealt with in one way or another. The medication I'm on won't make it go away and won't repair the damage already done but it should stop some of the pain. I've been on it for 14 weeks and it should have kicked in by now but there's no sign of that so I'm thinking I'm one of the unlucky ones who needs additional medication.

I have come to the conclusion that whatever it takes to get rid of the pain is fine by me. At the beginning I was picky about what I was and wasn't prepared to accept medication wise. Now I don't care, just give it to me!!!!

2 comments:

Rose-Anne said...

Hi Lyn,Just popped in to have a look. I love your ink bckgrounds.Take care of yourself. There are a lot of good sites out there that will tell you what foods are good for your RArthritis.Green Tea is supposed to be excellent to relieve a lot of the pain.I am on blogs_R_Us.

Audrey Huffman said...

Hi Lyn, very pretty blog. Sorry to hear that the meds haven't kicked in. Give the Doctor a swift kick to see if they feel pain...LOL. Gorgeous art as usual. Love ya, Audrey